* Steve Binet, Executive VP, Aon Re Americas, Stamford
* Bob Bisset, Senior VP, Benfield Group, Bermuda
* John Demeusy, Senior VP, Aon Re Global, New York
* John Edwards, Leader, Retro, Benfield Group, London
* Colin Kidde, Managing Director, Willis Re, London
* Adrian Stewart, Leader, Retro, Guy Carpenter, London
At last fall's Monte Carlo Rendezvous, the talk was of the retrocession market and what would happen because of Swiss Re's acquisition of GE Insurance Solutions. Under Swiss Re, the retro markets would probably contract because Swiss Re announced it would not renew the substantial GE retro portfolio reducing capacity in the marketplace.
Retro deals involve the sale of reinsurance from one reinsurer to another, further distancing the reinsurer from the actual risk. These deals often require a high degree of trust. Reinsurers cited Bob Bisset of Benfield as an important player in the Bermuda retro markets along with John Edwards who heads up Benfield's retro business out of the London office.
Also, Adrian Stewart is a well respected retro broker in Guy Carpenter's London office. And Colin Kidde of Willis Re in London handles retro and gets high marks from reinsurers for his work. Aon Re's strong Stamford office also is a key player in retro, especially Steve Binet.John Demeusy manages Aon Re's retro operations in New York.
April 1, 2007
Copyright 2007© LRP Publications