* Ronald Collins, Senior VP, Benfield Group, New York
* Joseph Drucker, Managing Director, Guy Carpenter, New York
* Don Magee, Marine Leader, Benfield Group, London
* Leo McGrath, Executive VP, Willis Re, New York
* Graeme Moore, CEO Marine, Aon Re Global, London
* Jerry Ridge, Managing Director, Willis Re, London
The marine markets are a bit smaller, and the players fewer, so in this marketplace ongoing relationships between brokers, cedents and reinsurers are important. Headed up by Graeme Moore, CEO Marine & Energy, Aon Re's marine team is described by one reinsurer as "in a class by itself."
Aon has a large, international marine practice and has expanded over the years with a number of acquisitions. The marine and energy reinsurance business was hit hard in 2005 by the series of hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico. Catastrophe and wind concerns are a prime consideration.
It's also a worldwide market, so the issues are not just focused in the United States. During the past year, modeling and analytical skills became even more important in this market and reinsurers cited two Benfield brokers--Don Magee in London and Ronald Collins in New York. Willis Re, always strong in the London markets, was also recommended by reinsurers citing Jerry Ridge in London and Leo McGrath in New York. Joseph Drucker and the Guy Carpenter marine team were also cited because of the critical analytical tools available to the team.
April 1, 2007
Copyright 2007© LRP Publications