What drives claims frequency?
According to the National Council on Compensation Insurance, several drivers affect claims frequency.
These factors include:
- Global competition and advances in automation, technology and production. These advances include an increased use of robotics, an increased use of modular design and construction techniques, and an increased use of power-assisted processes. They also include advances in ergonomic design and the proliferation of cordless tools.
- The business cycle. Economic expansions can result in hiring less-experienced workers.
- Demographics. Older workers tend to have fewer workplace injuries.
- More and better job training.
- A continued emphasis on workplace safety.
- Improved fraud deterrents.
Read more at the WORKERSCOMP ForumTM homepage.
August 17, 2009
Copyright 2009© LRP Publications