Train supervisors to watch for red flags
The Workplace Warrior Think Tank recommended that employers educate supervisors to watch for red flags that may point to returning veterans who need assistance or help in dealing with the transition.
Supervisors should watch for employees who:
- Arrive at work later than normal or leave early on a regular basis.
- Withdraw from or avoid coworkers.
- Exhibit outbursts of anger or increased irritability with colleagues.
- Startle easily or seem anxious.
- Report sleeping difficulties or appear to be tired.
- Experience difficulty in performing duties.
Read more at the WORKERSCOMP ForumTM homepage.
October 1, 2009
Copyright 2009© LRP Publications