OSHA construction advisory panel announces new appointees
The director of the Occupational Health Surveillance Program for a state public health department, a safety and health director in the AFL-CIO and the head of environmental health and safety for a New Jersey electric company are among the newest appointees to an OSHA advisory committee.
Labor Secretary Hilda L. Solis recently announced the eight new members of the Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health.
The panel meets at least twice a year and advises OSHA on safety and health issues in the construction industry. The members represent the public, employees, employers and government.
The new members appointed each for a two-year term are:
- Latitia K. Davis, director, Occupational Health Surveillance Program, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Boston.
- Gary L. Batykefer, administrative director, Sheet Metal Occupational Health Institute Trust, Pittsburgh.
- Laurie A. Shadrick, training specialist, United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters, Arlington, Va.
- Pete Stafford, director, safety and health, Building and Construction Trades Department of the AFL-CIO, Silver Spring, Md.
- Kevin R. Cannon, director, safety and health services, Associated General Contractors of America, Arlington, Va.
- Thomas Marrero, safety manager, Zenith Systems LLC, Seven Hills, Ohio.
- William E. Hering, corporate manager, environmental health and safety, SM Electric Co. Inc., Rahway, N.J.
- Charles Stribling, occupational safety and health federal-state coordinator, Kentucky Labor Cabinet, Department of Workplace Standards, Frankfort, Ky.
Several others were reappointed.
Read more at the WorkersComp Forum homepage.
July 7, 2011
Copyright 2011© LRP Publications